Hi Dr. Peter Ursel here - today’s question is: “How Do You Treat Acne Scars?”
I suffered from painful & persistent acne for a good portion of my early life and have been thrilled to be able to treat my scarring successfully with the techniques mentioned in this video.
Here’s What We Cover:
1. The 4 main types of scars - elevated, rolling, icepick, & boxcar
2. Elevated scars - usually treated with steroid (kenalog) injections to reduce collagen production and soften/shrink scar
3. Rolling scars - most common, treated with subscision, dermal fillers and treatments (lasers and microdermabrasion)
4. Ice pick scars - treated with micro excision & resurfacing treatments
5. Boxcar scars - mainly treated with resurfacing treatments
6. Persistent redness - Most often fades on its own, but can be treated with BBL, which can quicken fading of redness.
7. Pigmentation - treated with peels, BBL and/or bleaching creams.